Configuring for Windows 10
When using a USB connection under Windows, here is how you can configure operating
system playback using Windows Audio.
1. Enter the ‘Sound’ options window from the Windows Control Panel; or right-click
the speaker icon in the system tray and choose ‘Open Sound settings’.
2. Under the Playback and Recording tabs, 4 stereo channel pairs are available for
playback and recording, corresponding to the first 8 DAW Out and In channels in
the interface’s signal routing matrix. These can be used for playing and recording
audio with applications using Windows Audio as opposed to the ASIO driver.
3. Make sure the Orion 32+ Gen4 Playback channels 1/2 are selected as the default
playback device for seamless playback experience. Same is valid for the Recording
• Please note that Windows Audio is not yet supported over a Thunderbolt
connection, only ASIO. We recommend using the VB-Audio VoiceMeeter Virtual
Audio Mixer as an ASIO to Windows Audio bridge.
If you are experiencing interruptions or failure when using your DAW and trying to
playback audio from your OS at the same time, make sure that the device sample
rate matches the one of your DAW session.
Antelope Audio Knowledge Base - Windows 10 Optimization
Configuring for macOS (10.14 and later)
The security settings in macOS (10.14 and later) may result in no input signal reaching your
DAW, despite having everything set up correctly. These steps apply when you are using the Orion 32+ Gen4 in a DAW for the first time:
1. Launch your DAW and choose Orion 32+ Gen4 as the input device. The following dialog
box will appear (if using Ableton Live 10 Suite, for example):
2. Click 'OK' and your DAW should function normally.
However, if the events above did not occur for some reason, or you are using multiple
DAWs, you must do a manual tweak for each in 'Security & Privacy' settings:
1. Click the 'Apple' symbol and choose 'System Preferences'. Head to the 'Security &
Privacy' settings menu.
2. Click the 'Privacy' tab. In the column on the left, choose ‘Microphone’. Make sure there's
a checkmark next to any DAW you want to use.
Note: You may have to click the padlock symbol in the bottom left corner and enter your
password to make changes.