There are a few reasons why your device would not be recognized by your system.
Before jumping in let's make sure you have the Antelope Unified Driver properly installed on your System!
For Mac systems that are on Monterey with an M1 chip please refer to article below.
For older Mac systems (above late 2012) with any OS above High Sierra (10.13) do the following:
1. Open the Antelope Launcher application and navigate to the System tab.
2. Select the latest bundle version of the Antelope Unified Driver and click Install.
3. Wait until the installation is complete. A window will appear notifying you that the System Extension signed by “Elektrosfera” has been updated.
6. Restart your Mac to finish installation.
After the driver installation please check to see if your device is seen inside your System Report and Audio MIDI Setup.
If it does not show up there please check the following:
1. Make sure that you are using the USB cable provided with the unit.
2. Make sure that the Thunderbolt cable you are connecting your device with is Apple Certified
If you are using a Thunderbolt 2 cable with a Thunderbolt 2 to 3 adapter, make sure that the adapter is also from apple.
3. Never have both Thunderbolt and USB connected at the same time.
4. Always have the unit connected directly to the computer.
We do not recommend using any hubs or extenders.
5. Try switching the device to different ports.
6. Try powering off the device and then powering it back on.
(either unplug it from the power cable or if you have it plugged in to a power strip with a switch simply flip the switch off and on)
If it does show up in System Report and Audio MIDI Setup, than the device can be used to output and record sound.
After this you need to make sure that the device is shown in the antelope launcher:
There are few reasons for the device not showing up inside the Antelope Launcher despite being recognized in your Audio MIDI Setup. All of them are related to our Manager Server which will download after installing and running the Antelope Launcher.
To make sure that the Manager Server is running correctly please make sure you rid yourself of any potential program or application that might interfere with it.
For that we do not recommend having any Anti-Virus programs, Firewalls or Cleaner applications installed on your computer.
If you are still experiencing difficulties, please make sure to contact our Technical Support Team trough our support page.