Please note that the mandatory device activation procedure requires an active Internet connection on your computer. Activating an Antelope Audio device offline is not possible. Your Orion Studio 2017 must be activated online to work. This chapter contains the necessary instructions:
1. Connect the Orion Studio 2017 to a Windows or macOS computer.
2. Open your internet browser and navigate to https://en.antelopeaudio.com/login/
3. Login to the Antelope Audio user area with your e-mail and password. If you don't have an account, visit https://en.antelopeaudio.com/sign-up/ to create one.
4. Click on the 'Activate New Device' button.
5. Click on Orion Studio 2017 from the device list.
6. Download and install the Antelope Launcher application for Windows or macOS
7. Open the Antelope Launcher application and click on the 'Login' button Enter the email and password you used to login into the Antelope Audio user area and click 'Login'.
8. Click on 'Activate device'.
Note: If the Orion Studio 2017 does not appear in the 'Devices' tab, click on 'Not seeing your device?' and follow the on-screen instructions
9. In the Antelope Management Wizard window, choose 'Activate device or assign features' and click 'Continue'. In the subsequent window, place a check mark next to 'Register device' and click 'Continue'
10. Upon successful activation, the final window will read 'Congratulations! You have successfully activated your device.' Click 'Done' and the activation is finished.
Please proceed with the 'Setting up after online activation is complete' chapter below to configure the Orion Studio 2017 for use with your Windows or macOS computer.
Note: The Orion Studio 2017 will be listed in the 'My Hardware' page of the Antelope Audio user area with its serial number and activation date
Setting up after online activation is complete
After online activation is complete, please update the Orion Studio 2017 to the latest bundle version available from the Antelope Launcher. To do this, simply open Antelope Launcher and click the 'Update' button below the 'Bundle Version' drop-down menu.
After the update is complete, you can proceed with the instructions for your operating system.
Configuring for Windows 10 Windows 10 needs a few tweaks to get the Orion Studio 2017 up and running:
1. Right-click the speaker icon in the system tray and choose ‘Open Sound settings’.
2. Make sure the Orion Studio 2017 is chosen under 'Output' and 'Input': • Under 'Output', the device should be listed as Orion Studio 2017 USB Audio Driver Playback'. Note that this choice means you will only hear computer audio from the microphone's headphone output. If you use another audio device for listening, choose that one instead. • Under 'Input', the device should be listed as Orion Studio 2017 USB Audio Driver Recording 1/2'.
3. Select the device and click Properties
Go to Advanced tab and make sure Default Format is set the same sample rate as your DAW,
For example if your DAW is at 48000 that would be 48KHz 2 Channels 24 bit.
Make sure you have selected 2 channels for Windows Audio Output settings of Default Format !
4. Enter the ‘Supported Formats’ tab and place checkmarks next to all the available sample rates except 32kHz.
5. Enter the ‘Enhancements’ tab and disable all enhancements.
6. Back in Sound settings, click 'Device Properties' under 'Input' and select the same sample rate for Default Format in Advanced Tab.
Then, click 'Additional Device Properties'. Enter the 'Enhancements' tab and disable all enhancements. Click 'OK' to close the window.
• If you are experiencing interruptions or failure when using your DAW and trying to playback audio from your OS at the same time, make sure that the device sample rate matches the one of your DAW session.
• In some cases, disabling the ‘Exclusive mode’ functionality from the ‘Advanced’ tabs might help when running multiple playback applications at the same time.
• Disabling the 32kHz sample rate isn’t mandatory, but it might help in general.
For further instructions and optimization please refer to this guide: Windows 10 Sound Settings and Optimization
Configuring for macOS (10.14 and later) The security settings in macOS (10.14 and later) may result in no input signal reaching your DAW, despite having everything set up correctly.
These steps apply when you are using the Orion Studio 2017 in a DAW for the first time.
1. Launch your DAW and choose Orion Studio HD as the input device. The following dialog box will appear (if using Ableton Live 10 Suite, for example):
2. Click 'OK' and your DAW should function normally.
However, if the events above did not occur for some reason, or you are using multiple DAWs, you must do a manual tweak for each in 'Security & Privacy' settings:
Click the 'Apple' symbol and choose 'System Preferences'. Head to the 'Security & Privacy' settings menu
Then Click the 'Privacy' tab. In the column on the left, choose ‘Microphone’. Make sure there's a checkmark next to any DAW you want to use.
You may have to click the padlock symbol in the bottom left corner and enter your password to make changes.
If you are using MacOS Big Sur you would need to follow this guide to install Antelope Unified driver correctly.
Please refer to this Playlist with video guidance on how to setup your Antelope Audio interface.
DAW setup with Antelope Devices
This guide shows how to setup your DAW with your Antelope device
Please follow one of the videos below for your desired DAW:
Guide for ProTools
Guide for Ableton Live 10
Guide for Studio One
Guide for Logic Pro X
Guide for Cubase 10
Routing, Tracking and Monitoring
This video tutorial explains in depth how to route,track and monitor with Zen Tour Synergy Core, Orion Studio Synergy Core, Galaxy 32 Synergy Core, Galaxy 64 Synergy Core, Goliath HD Gen 3, Orion 32+ Gen3 and Orion 32HD Gen 3 and all related legacy devices.