The Antelope Launcher is a streamlined hub for managing and troubleshooting your Antelope Audio products. Version 2 presents the following changes:
- Redesigned user interface
- Faster download speeds (especially for users in China)
- Customizable per-component automatic updates
- Improved registration and feature assignment
- Send logs to Customer Support
- Automated driver re-install (for troubleshooting)
Orion 32+ Gen | 3
Zen studio +
Goliath HD Gen | 3
Orion 32 HD
Orion 32 HD Gen | 3
Orion Studio 2017
Orion Studio Synergy Core
Orion Studio HD
Discrete 8 Synergy Core
Discrete 4 Synergy Core
The Antelope Launcher is organized into the following sections:
All Antelope Audio devices currently connected to your computer over USB and/or Thunderbolt(TM) are listed in this section. Devices on your network are listed as well. The following functionality is available:
Click the black box to enter a name for your device. The device serial number is used by default. Erasing the name and clicking outside the box reverts to the serial number.
By default, this drop-down menu shows the most recent software bundle available for your device. Clicking it shows the currently installed software bundle version and lets you roll-back to an older build.
To update or change the installed software version, choose your desired Bundle Version, click the checkmark next to the drop-down menu, and click the ‘Update’ button.
Click to launch the Antelope Registration Wizard. Use it to register or de-register devices and features such as AFX2DAW, Synergy Core FX, HDX Activation and so on.
Click to display the following information (useful for troubleshooting):
- Serial number
- Hardware version
- Firmware version
- Control Panel version
- USB/Thunderbolt (TM) driver version
- Software Bundle version
Click the information window to close it.
Start Control Panel
Click to start the device’s Control Panel application. You can also click the device’s picture. Place a checkmark next to ‘Autorun’ to have the Control Panel launch automatically when you start Antelope Launcher.
Can't see your device?
If a device is missing from the list, the most common reason is a driver conflict. The Antelope Launcher makes it easy to re-install drivers and troubleshoot. Click "Can't see your device?" to launch the 'Add Drivers' application.
Choose your device and connection type from the drop-down menus. Disconnect the device from your computer, and click ‘Next’ to perform a re-install. If the issue persists, please contact Antelope Audio Customer Support.
This section lets you install, update, and uninstall Antelope Audio software such as native mic emulations and AFX2DAW.
By default, the Bundle Version drop-down menus show the most recent software bundle available for each product. Clicking the menu shows the currently installed software bundle version and lets you roll-back to an older build.
To update or change the installed software version, choose your desired Bundle Version, click the checkmark next to the drop-down menu, then click the ‘Update’ button.
Here, you can do the following:
- Update or roll-back the Manager Server and Windows Thunderbolt(TM) Driver versions. Choose your desired Bundle Version from the drop-down menu, click the checkmark, then click the ‘Update’ button.
- Restart the Manager Server and enable/disable remote connections from other computers on your network.
- Install the Antelope Audio Windows Thunderbolt(TM) driver. Choose a Bundle Version from the drop-down menu, click the checkmark, then click the ‘Update’ button.
- Uninstall the Antelope Audio Thunderbolt(TM) or USB driver(s) present on your system.
Click and enter your Antelope Audio user name and password, then click ‘Login’. If you don't have an Antelope Audio account, click ‘Register’ and follow the on-screen instructions.
Click to open the Settings Window.
Here, you can do the following:
- Enable or disable sending usage statistics to Antelope Audio.
- Click ‘View Logs’ to view, save, and send activity logs to Antelope Audio Customer Support.
- Click 'Advanced' to enable or disable automatic updates for each of the following:
Windows Thunderbolt(TM) driver
Make your selection(s) in the drop-down menu(s) and click 'OK'.
- Click ‘Network’ to view network logs.