Connect the DC power source to the Discrete MP’s rear panel. Once the DC power source is plugged in, connect the device to an USB 2.0 (or greater) port on your computer with the included USB Type-B cable. Finally, connect the Edge microphone to the Discrete MP inputs with the included Y-XLR cable. * Press the 48V button on the preamp’s front panel to power the microphone. Then, follow the steps below:
- Visit antelopeaudio.com.
- Click LOG IN and create your Antelope Audio account. If you already have one, please log in using your credentials.
- Go to the Antelope Audio Download page to download and install the Antelope Audio launcher.
- Use the Antelope Audio Registration Wizard to register the DiscreteMP. Simply follow the on-screen instructions.
- Once you are finished, start the Antelope Audio Launcher and launch the DiscreteMP Control Panel.
- Press the Update button in the Antelope Audio Launcher to download the latest version of the Edge Strip Native AFX and software.
- Start your DAW. It should discover the newly installed VST/AU plug-ins. Loading any of the plug-ins will prompt for activation. Use the activation codes and iLok (iLok dongle sold separately!) codes that came with the Edge Strip.
* The cable for the Edge microphone is a 5-pin XLR to two 3-pin XLRs. The two 3-pin XLRs are colored in white and red.
The white cable is the output of the front capsule of the Edge and the red is the output of the back.
The white cable should be connected to the “Left” input of the Discrete MP and the red to the “right”.
If cables are switched, the signal will be recorded as if the microphone is turned 180 degrees. If there is someone in front of the microphone it would sound as if he’s behind the microphone.
You’re good to go! Need more help? Contact our tech support crew.
Authorizing the AFX Fusion Pack with the Pace iLok dongle
Using the AFX Fusion Pack requires authorization with a Pace iLok USB dongle (sold separately!) Here’s how to proceed with the authorization:
1. Visit www.ilok.com and create an account.
2. Download and install the iLok License Manager Software.
3. Insert the hardware dongle into a USB port on your computer.
4. Launch the iLok License Manager Software.
5. Click Sign In and enter your credentials. If you are asked whether you want to register your iLok dongle, click Yes.
6. Click Licenses > Redeem Activation Code and enter the Activation Code that comes with your Edge Strip bundle to authorize the AFX Fusion Pack.
Edge Strip Quick Start Video
This video will guide you through the first steps of you Edge Strip set up Account Creation/Software Installation & Claim Features Process
Thank you for visiting our quick-start guide, we hope this will get you up & running. Please visit the product user-manual page for detailed information on the software control panel and device hardware.