It is recommended to adjust the power options so that your computer does not enter sleep mode, put the hard disks to sleep, or suspend USB devices. These features can cause playback and record issues as well as issues with your audio interfaces.
Follow these steps to optimize your power options:
- Open Control Panel
- Click on Power Options
- Select High Performance
- Click on Change plan setting
- Set the display’s sleep time as well as the computer’s sleep time to Never
- Click on Change advanced power settings
- Click the + next to Hard Disk, then click the + next to Turn Off Hard Disk After
- In the text field, type Never
- Click on the + next to USB settings, the click the + next to USB selective suspend settings
- Double-click where it says Enabled, then click Disabled.
- Click on the + next to Processor power management, then click the + next to Minimum processor state
- Type 100 in the text field (%)
- Click Apply, then OK
- Click Save Changes