Outdated graphics drivers often times will not use the GPU efficiently. This can put strain on your system’s processor, which in turn steals resources from your DAW. As as result, you may notice a decrease in performance from your DAW. A simple solution to this is to make sure you keep your graphics drivers updated.
To find the make and model of your graphics controller and update it, follow these steps:
- Open the Control Panel
- Click on Device Manager
- Click the triangle next to Display Adapters
- Your graphics cared model will appear directly below
- Right click and choose Update Driver Software
If no driver is found, try updating the driver manually using the steps below.
- Double-click to view its properties
- In the General tab you can find the model and the manufacturer; in the Driver tab you can find the driver version and the date
- Go to your manufacturer’s website to find the latest driver for your graphics controller