These settings will make you PC boot blazing fast and give you the much needed overhead power to run more plug-ins.
- Click the Windows Start button and in the search box, type msconfig, then press ENTER
- Go to the Startup Tab and choose ‘disable all’ in the bottom right corner
*NOTE: After doing this Pro Tools users with Avid or Digidesign interfaces must check the box for “Digidesign MME Binder”
- Next, navigate to the Services tab. Check the box at the bottom to “hide all Microsoft Services”
- Choose “Disable All” on the bottom right corner.
**NOTE: Pro Tools users must check the boxes for “Digidesign MME Refresh Service” (Avid/Digidesign interfaces only), “digiSPTIService” and “PACE License Services”
- Click OK and reboot the computer.