This particular mode of firmware install is slightly different to an ordinary installation since it wipes the currently installed firmware and then installs the selected version from the ground up. This can be useful in some troubleshooting scenarios but should be done with caution since in the event of a computer not being able to recognize the device, it might be left non-operational. Good practice for using this mode is to have a backup computer on which to also be able to perform the procedure.
To perform a Golden Boot firmware re-installation follow these steps:
1. Close your device control panel.
2. Make sure your device is properly connected to your computer (preferably via USB and using the original USB cable that came with the device, without using any external hubs or extender cables).
3. Unplug the power cable from the device.
4. Press and hold the relevant button for your device (please check the glossary below).
5. While holding the button down, please reconnect the device’s power cable. The button can be released once the device powers up. If successful, the device display will read "LOADER Golden Boot".
6. Open your device’s control panel launcher and perform a firmware update to the latest version in the list. With the exclusion of the Discrete series, the firmware update window should appear automatically. If it does not, please check if it has appeared behind your control panel window. For the latest line of devices (Discrete series) the installation is simply done through the Antelope Launcher.
7. When the firmware update is done, please reboot the device by unplugging and plugging back the power cable.
8. Perform a factory reset. For information on this, please check the Factory reset guide in the Troubleshooting section.
Goliath & Goliath HD - Antelope button
Zen Tour - Antelope button
Zen Studio & Zen Studio+ - Power button
Orion 32 series (also includes Orion 32+ and Orion 32HD) - Power button
OrionStudio series (also includes OrionStudio Rev.2017 and Orion Studio HD) - Power button
Discrete 4 & Discrete 8 - Middle function button (to the right of the display)
Discrete 4 Synergy Core & Discrete 8 Synergy Core - Middle function button (to the right of the display)